Monday, December 21, 2009

Back to the docs

Did go to the doc's today!! When I started out it was raining with maybe a few flakes of snow in the air. Wasn't sure if going was a good idea as there'd been quite a bit of muscle movement again but then thought as I'd missed an appointment it'd be better if I did.

When I left there was a blanket of snow covering the ground .. about an inch .. say 2 to 3cm .. deep or thereabouts. Went to the chemist to hand in a prescription for them to deliver and then walked back here. Didn't go to Tesco!!! Was a bit slow and thanks again to the people who asked if I needed any help.

Dozed off when I got back.

I saw the short film at the docs again .. all the way through this time. Turned out that it is a bit longer than I thought and that I must've come in when it was about half way through last time. It was made by a charity who offer a bed for the night to 18 to 25 year olds, It's not the only one. I still wondered if there was more help available at the end of a government helpline. Surely there should be some help available.

I remember when the New Horizon was opened in the 1960s. I believe then that around 40% of young people on the streets had been in care. Where's the back up .. for them and for others. I was going to say especially for young people who run away from home but really there should be some kind of help line there for people who need help. I'm talking about people literally on the street here rather than people who don't have a home of their own but have some form of temporary accommodation. Is there a central policy for helping people or is help different in different parts of the country without any national co-ordination.