Saturday, June 12, 2010

Hospital and back

Wasn't too sure if I was well enough to come back this Friday but things are better than they were last time though I actually felt better when I left hospital the previous time than I did this Friday. Anyway, if things move that way again I'll phone in and ask what to do. Should really have gone back in on the Saturday morning the first time because things weren't too good when I got up though they did improve during the day.

No choice by Sunday morning. Can't remember too much about it once I'd arrived at A & E which would've been around 11am I guess .. maybe earlier. Was told I was semi conscious through a lot of the time and was in the resuscitation area for a while. I've no memory of that at all .. and was eventually taken up to a ward around 1.30 early Monday morning.

Stayed there two or three days, again with some really heavy nursing going on .. was on fluids as usual ... couldn't move much by myself and couldn't eat or drink until shortly before I left for another ward. Managed a few sips of Fortisip and was able to take some meds by mouth.

Then went to another ward. Was still on fluids and not able to move all that much for a while .. though there was definitely a bit of an improvement by then. Though I was getting better .. things were still a bit of a blur.

Guess that might've been on Wednesday .. but I'm not sure as the nights and days had been running into each other. I've memories of the other patients and the staff on the first ward and one of the patients getting a nurse for me when I wasn't well enough to use my buzzer and was asking for a nurse when there couldn't've been a member of staff close enough to hear me.

Think I managed a Fortisip soon after reaching the second ward .. probably didn't eat anything but might've drank a build up soup that day. Didn't really manage to eat more than a couple of spoonfuls of anything til a couple of days before I left when I managed a Weetabix both breakfasts.

Didn't feel that good the day I left but am able to get around. Not feeling that good this morning but then I didn't sleep last night and wasn't managing my meds as well as I should. Usually very careful but could've done a bit better yesterday.

Drank a reasonable amount of water and stuck with the Fortisips ans soup and bread.

Will start the morning meds and breakfast off now.