Monday, June 04, 2007

Been a pottering

Just a quick post. Walked up to Sainsburys, pain cushioned somewhat by the day's pain relief. Bought some breakfast bars and yogurt, all light stuff and pottered back but still had to get a taxi from the station as things were decidedly tricky by then. But it was worth a try.

I'll try again next week. But still that'll have given my muscles a bit of a work out after not being used much for all these weeks. There are other problems to be sorted out too. I'll measure how things are progressing as time goes on.

Things'll take time.

There's a thread on one board .. "People who inspire you" .. well, I've been inspired again when I was in the hospital. The two people I left my snoring cow and snoring bear with certainly inspired me as did the woman who'd been diagnosed with MS 17 years ago in her 20s .. and Jane and others.

The illness I take the steroids for is slowly being sorted out. It seems that I have a very healthy and robust immune system in most ways except for this genetic illness and the fact that it is so strong makes fighting this particular auto immune illness a bit harder than usual. The steroid sparing drug I'm now on takes eight weeks from when you start taking it to really work but it has already produced changes from when it was added to the cocktail of medication I was on before going into hospital. The dose can still be upped and there are other things that can be tried. Warwick hospital and St Thomas' are liasing about the treatment as St Thomas' has a speciality department that deals with this type of illness and does research.

Well, perhaps I shouldn't've done the Sainsbury's walk but I did get a taxi back for the last bit .. perhaps just a potter around the park would've been better.