Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Youtube???

I was a bit surprised by all this cause I thought there was a function on realplayer that stopped you downloading a video .. maybe it was just my RP going wrong .. I dunno. But I really don't understand this. I have the free version of real player .. like most people I guess .. and hardly ever use it .. but I decided to test it out today and found that you couldn't use it off line. Tried WMP and found that you can.

So back I pottered to Youtube ... and, yes, there's that tab .. download this video .. so curiosity got the better of me yet again and I went and read their terms and conditions for using the site ... streaming only .. nothing to let you know if you just tum up to play their vids .. and I guess if you download to RP you can have the videos playing in any sequence you'd like them to so would be very nice to do .. except they let you download and then say that you mustn't!!!

And this isn't very fair on the CC musicians or anyone who's happy to share their work in that way either.

All a bit strange.