Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Today

At the moment I'm scanning the disc from the Sci fi art magazine which ofcourse is affecting what I write here. I scanned it this morning too and then turned the computer off to go out without checking the results of the scan.

Do I usually scan discs? No. But the security on the computer is so intrusive now that I'm reminded of it all the time so there's one disc being scanned now. Gone are the days when I could just turn the computer on and in no time at all get the train times up or whatever. It takes ages and I have to plan ahead which means, I suppose, that I might actually start learning to be on time for things. I suppose I could take Webroot off now as Norton covers what it does. I put Webroot on first just to get that sorted out and then updated NIS. Occasionally it does work through relatively "quickly" but generally it takes a while to be able to get on the internet.

I'm still on dial up. Just received the umpteenth call from my internet provider asking if I want to change to Broadband and said to them as usual I'm moving soon and will sort that out when I've gone.

Well, not surprizingly the disc is fine. Hadn't got around to watching it before because the last two days haven't been that great though I'm starting to feel better again. Walking's a lot easier so I guess I'm slowly getting on the mend.

And you can kind of dance on one foot and be careful with the other one. The music's coming back through the tiredness and bugginess.

Went over to the care home for the first time for quite a while today. Took usual gift. They've done some really artistic decorating over there. Going back in a couple of days to leave a card and present for someone.

Feel a bit strange after not being there for a while because the memories came flooding back. Couldn't stay for very long in her room as the person who has the room now was there though they seemed to be asleep.