Friday, March 24, 2006

The Environment and carrier bags

An article from the BBC's news site.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/4836766.stm


I try to use as few carrier bags as I can just as a part of getting on with not contributing too much to the environmental problems that are going on at the moment. I use them as rubbish bags as well, though at the moment I'm using bigger bags to get rid of some things here. I can buy recycled/biodegradeable ones for that, but I also realise that I can afford them so I'm not putting myself over as doing anything special here.

I choose what I buy and do. Not a saint environmentally but I try to be aware. And manage this in some things.

But the real reason for bringing this up over and over again for the past year or so is the realization that it's a global problem that needs global solutions and just keep saying this.

The pole ice isn't reforming as it should again this year which is another sign that things are getting more difficult. This isn't just a problem of ice not reforming, it's actually a process that will take away more of the planets own protection devices.