Saturday, April 29, 2006

Differences

I've posted this on a board I belong to. I'd mentioned the incident that started me really thinking again away because it just annoyed me so much and started me thinking about what I was doing. Also my signature brought it home to me that I wasn't really doing anything much about these problems and I feel that I should.

This is what I wrote.

I wasn't sure where to put this topic but I'll put it in here because it kind of follows on from some of the points raised in the abstinence thread. And it certainly is about raising the consciousness.

My mind has gone back because of the unpleasant racist incident that I witnessed here earlier this week.

I don't fit in easily with society. Partially this is because of my sexuality. I am poly and bisexual and really feel as if there's something missing in my life if I am just with one person. And that's both emotionally and physically. I can love two people at the same time but am monogamous in my relationship if you know what I mean. I don't want two men or two women, or more .... just one of each.

I find myself when I'm in relationships with one person wondering what's missing and then I form an emotional attachment out of the relationship though stay physically monogamous.

With the right people it makes for good friendship and quite a relaxed time if you're happy like that and jealousy doesn't creep in. It doesn't for me because I'm happy with both people and find that kind of bonds all three people together.

Providing you all get on!!!!!!!!!!

I had relationships like this long before I would admit that I was happiest this way. It took being left by my girlfriend of the time, because she said it was obvious to everyone that this is how I am, for me to accept it.

I'm happy with being like this. To me it just seems really nice as it involves all kinds of friendship and love in a lovely way.

I don't even understand what jealousy is in this kind of setting providing it's a healthy relationship.

But, the incident the other day just brought the outside back into my head again. Seeing someone abused for being a different nationality. It was an unpleasant incident, though no one was hurt, though they could have been.

I just don't get why people have to do this. What goes on in their heads.

I am white, though have other ethnic origins. But, I know the colour of a person's skin isn't really the focus as Irish people used to get a lot of racism here, and it can be directed to Jewish people too and others.

I just felt sickened by what I saw and have been thinking about people's differences, like sexuality and race, and knowing there's a lot of others as well, and the stupid dreadful way other people will behave because of them. It's so cruel.

I just wish that cruelty is what people would question but so many don't.