Friday, June 08, 2007

Up etc etc etc

As usual .... up, fed and medicated. Still got a slight cold but it's not too bad. Been round the boards playing games and chatting a bit. E mailed etc.

What are you listening to? A Tranquil Summer Garden. It's lovely and peaceful once you realise that the buzzy insects aren't wasps and bees. Just peaceful and relaxing.

Breakfast? Yogurt and a Nutribar. Well stocked up there with both soya and dairy yogurts for a while. Nutribars too.

Drink? Ribena Lite. Nice and refreshing.

It's nice to be out of hospital and do things in your own time. Make the most of it cause it's quite likely I'll be going back soon to try out a new treatment. I might not need it but we shall see. I'm holding back starting the new increase in my medication for a couple of days until I've got rid of this cold or at least until I'm over the snuffles. I've an idea what's really going to help here as far as my initial illness goes. We shall see there too.

I was in there a long time before comparitively speaking seeing different people arriving and leaving. The majority of people were in their 70s and 80s but there were people in their 20s too and all ages from there upwards into their 90s. We were in the "critical" beds where we required a lot of nursing care but weren't up on the surgical wards where I'd been last time I was in.

I tried to be as independent as I could cause some things sure take a long time at the moment and I'd learnt how to manage some of the things I had to do that take up so much time. It was difficult at times though. I've said that I'll write out what I did using the things I brought in myself that I'd been using here. It's just cleaning up as easily as possible and with as little pain as possible. Not just for people with my illness but I guess for people with some forms of cancer and also other related auto immune illnesses to mine.

I went to a skin teach in with some local GPs while I was in hospital and my doc gave me a £10 voucher for my time and trouble. I was also there to talk to students. You do your best because it will affect other people in the future even if they just have a related illness to the one you have or even just related symptoms.

I came out to a conversation about the future of the NHS with someone on the research side. My reply to what I was told was that a sense of community is what's needed to tackle these things. Things need to be discussed and people need to care for each other.

Anyway, I'm sleepy and snuffly this morning. Fed and medicated though and'll do a little sorting out. And might try the Tens machine I've bought and see if that helps with the pain. The young woman who sold it to me said she thought I'd get over all this when I explained what was wrong. It's a tricky one though. I'm doing me best!!! If the Tens machine does help I've an offer to send off for for a mini tens which is a smaller version of the one I have and more mobile. I'll have to think about that.

It seems some things are more effective for some people and for different illnesses. There are different forms of pain so I'm just going to have to see how it goes. First step: read the instruction leaflet!!!