Monday, September 28, 2009

beliefs

I used to say that I was a sort of Buddhist of I had to align myself with any group and that I belonged to the philosophical side rather than the religious side as I've mentioned in the blogs a few times .. mainly because I was a vegan though have become a vegetarian after a longish stay in hospital when my illness made it rather difficult to eat the bean cuisine offered there.

I found quite a lot to connect me to the religion. I don't know much about the Quakers but have never forgotten the serenity the lady at the hospice shop in Old Town had in the face of a very difficult time ahead .. absolutely amazing.

And now of course, even though I am not totally a part of the religion I still am quite happy to think about and interpret the 7 principles particularly .. well all of them I suppose .. the ones about the eternal progress of the soul which I extend to all life and I've seen enough to know that the religion does too and the one about personal responsibility which I believe in .. we all do things that are wrong .. however small .. but it is up to us to take personal responsibility and to learn from it . Compensation and retribution doesn't include a hell but I'm not quite sure what retribution does entail .. I think it's something to do with having to take personal responsibility after passing over with full knowledge gained through the process of what people have been known to experience in NDEs quite often, I just see those experiences as a bit of a hint .. the going through the review these people often go through.

It's just putting two and two together and possibly coming up with the wrong answer ... lol!!!

Also the continuous existence of the soul .. again applied to all life .. as the church obviously does do going by the actions and beliefs of its members. And the unity of human beings .. and the existence of spirit,

A kind of translation from the Victorian writing they're written in. Lots of people translate them into a more up to date version these days.

I think they're quite a good window to view life from and that they stand well whether you belong to the church or not.

I will probably read through more about the Quakers .. the woman was amazing. And will go back through the Buddhist principles. I don't meditate enough still.

Though I do keep a journal .. lol!!!

http://penzu.com/content/health

Though I don't think I want an increased immune response with the present illness I have!!! Let's just hope for better immune functioning if I look after myself properly by keeping my energy and protein levels where they should be.