Thursday, December 24, 2009

and

I really like some of the cover art that goes with the cds on Jamendo and the other CC sites. I clicked a link from one of the musicians who's put a bit of music up recently and found a site where he's selling his music. He has two or three albums and quite a few singles up on Jamendo.

http://www.jamendo.com/en/artist/SoLaRiS_%285%29

Clicked a link from the other site and found this

http://www.cafepress.co.uk/cp/prod.aspx?p=laissor.21281261

Very nicely designed. I lost interest after hearing the sample from track 3 as I'd only be looking for very soft music though I noticed that other people had found the cd very relaxing.

Notice that he released that in 2005. I'd've thought that people would generally test out releasing music on Jamendo first rather than the other way around. I suppose he might be hoping that someone will licence music for commercial purposes. He's also put a link up to his pages on last fm. And he's been given two donations on Jamendo.