Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Does the internet have a future?

I was reading an interesting article on the web last night. Not going to link to it cause I think some of it was unfair ... trying to put the blame on one group of people which I didn't think was very fair. I can see that it's probably statistically correct but there are quite a few variables to take into account which just made me think that doing this wasn't fair.

What I did find out though was that if illegal downloading continues it's likely that the internet will change radically and that Youtube and other similar sites offering music will have to go off the net because of the cost of checking what's happening on their site.

It also said that there's a possibility free software will become a thing of the past too because of having to check up where it came from.

Also the ISPs like Orange and Talk Talk won't be able to be able to control illegal downloading without bringing in price rises to get on the net. I don't see how that'll work either as making it more expensive to get on the net will mean that fewer people will be able to so they'll lose money by having fewer customers and be back at the beginning again.