Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Chewing the beans

Just back from the hospital .. things are being slowly worked out as well as they can be.

Spoke to a friend I've known for over 40 years to find out that he's become a vegetarian. Gosh .. never thought he would!!!! He's been one for about six weeks now but hadn't told me incase he didn't keep it going. Said he didn't think he'd manage it as a vegan. Said it was easy once you got used to it .. but that it's probably better to do it slowly so tour body adjusts to the change.

I was a vegan for about 25 years, up to three years ago, and a vegetarian for a lot of years before that. Had to go back to a vegetarian diet because I couldn't chew the beans in hosputal and had to opt for something softer so went back to a vegetarian diet. I was very surprized when I'd changed back that I felt that I hadn't been missing anything. He's obviously thinking about it to've said what he did. Most of his close friends are either vegans or vegetarians and I really didn't think it would happen after all this time.

Though I have to admit that he does like to think things through!!!!

Never really thought about it .. not something that crosses my mind as far as friendship goes .. don't think that it would've worked out if I had been going out with someone though cause I was such a strict vegan .. and veggie before that. Different if you're casual about it as some veggies are .. but I was very strict and I don't think it'd've worked on either side.! Probably got fed up with all the label reading and tins and bags of lentils everywhere.

Lentils here and lentils there. Lentils, lentils everywhere.

Though as someone said I'd be very cheap to feed .. lol!!!

Anyway, talking about beans etc, the hospital are going to try something else to help with the chewing other than the Difflam spray and we'll see what happens then.

Will probably be having the other treatment too .. without the large doses of corticosteroids. Didn't hear quite what they were saying but think they're trying it with someone else and it appears to be working