Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Meditation

Really just concentrating on eating properly and making sure that I do at least 15 minutes of meditation a day now. It's so easy to keep on saying .. later .. later .. later as far as meditating goes each day and ending up not having done any, And the more I leave it the more chance there is that I'll stop all together.

It's certainly worth 15 minutes of my time a day.

I find it a bit easier to concentrate if I have apiece of ambient type music I can connect to playing in the background at the moment but I didn't used to have music playing .. just used the word meditation as a mantra. Had read about it in a book and it seemed a good idea .. the word has a good rhythm to it .. med .. i .. tate and it's just there to concentrate on rather than give any special meaning to the meditation which, as I want to relax my mind is probably a good idea. Though, ofcourse, that depends on what kind of meditation you want to do.

http://stress.about.com/od/lowstresslifestyle/a/meditation.htm

I just decided to add relaxing music cause .. um, it's relaxing and, also, because it's something else that's there to almost unconsciously remind me that I'm meditating. My thoughts are still wandering but then as I've only just started doing it everyday again I'd expect that.

Did about ten minutes this morning to a piece of music that I didn't really get into ... no .. not anything off Heinrichreich's album so might do a little more this evening.

Found this for this evening if I do

http://www.jamendo.com/en/album/56328

Think it might be a good one .. I gave a nice kind of relaxed sigh just looking at the picture. Well, I like it anyway.