Thursday, January 28, 2010

Video

I was reading about what other people are doing round the world connected to the song I posted the other day and I couldn't help agreeing with the young woman who said that one of the reasons it was working so well was that it was run by young people for young people.

It's on the videos here

http://foundation.staying-alive.org/en/stories/philippines


Not that this is just a young peoples problem. I've read a number of times that quite a few older people whose relationships have floundered seem to think that this kind of thing won't affect them!!!!!!!!!! That it's something that is near enough only prevalent in younger circles .. so, guess what .. the illnesses have found more people to infect .. as the statistics say. It's not JUST a young peoples problem.. And they're spreading in older people because some feel that these illnesses. STDs in general, are unlikely to be in their main dating pool and, also, for some of them, last time there weren't all the problems there are now.

I think that song is wonderful .. the chorus is the type of chorus that can stick in the mind so it can do more than just help bring in funds for charity but can also, doe some people, stay in the mind as a sort of reminder that risky behaviour can have serious consequences for everyone including them if they need to be reminded.

And, coming from that guy .. it's just such a cool thing. I think one of the best bits of AIDS/STD reminders I've seen.

I do think that having young people working together is a brilliant idea too.