Thursday, February 25, 2010

And

And just before I go .. am going to study/work .. don't think I'll be needing the hospices services quite yet .. though I'm very grateful that I got to know them through working for them on a voluntary basis for a while as a thankyou for looking after a good friend and neighbour of mine here. Might write about that too .. or dictate/write. Best I concentrate on things like that.

Blogs are fun but they don't really achieve much because things are often so much more complicated than a blog can go into. Usually they just give out pieces of info .. a bit like talking about Creative Commons music and pointing the way to a few net labels .. and one or two bits of music the person writing likes .. but, really, the reader then has to go through the catalogues to find what s/he wants if s/he's interested.

I'm very glad that I'm not young in this world. At the hospital yesterday I leafed through some women's magazines to find the hairstyle articles were often about having the same hairstyles as people in the public eye .. and the clothes .... the same!!!! I thought ... what pressure. It never occurred to me to even think about that when I was young. What surprised me more though was that nearly everyone in the public eye was referred to as a celebrity .. not as an actor or whatever job it is they do for a living .. to the extent that if I didn't know what work they do they could be doing which could be anything from designing clothes to working as an MP. It was like sailing the seas without a compass .. and felt very strange.

Don't know if I'll be up and out much for the next few days .. have to see how it goes. I have sneezed .. so the inflamed stomach is on the right track .. though I'm pretty certain it's a bit more than that. I did mention it and said what I thought was contributing to it yesterday .. been there once before ... but I think I'm going to have to get back in touch as nothing was said about treatment. But a series of tests are going to be done .. it might be included. They had to do another biopsy too.

Today has not been good at all but shall see how it goes. I'll be very glad when they start the new treatment. Will phone up tomorrow anyway.