Thursday, May 20, 2010

Thursday

Do have a bit of a cold but am not too bad with it considering the problems sneezing can bring and I'm a bit stiff after passing out.

Didn't eat much last night cause I drifted off to sleep again quite soon after eating half my sandwich. Guess the new pill might be making me feel a bit drowsy.

A lot of my meds are much the same as people take who have cancer .. noticed the Cellcept, mycrophenolate, being described as a chemo drug on one site. It's usually described as a steroid sparing drug though but was initially developed for people who have had transplants to stop rejection. Seems none of the other chemo drugs are suitable for this illness.

My mouth is so painful though .. even when the effects of the chemo have gone it'll still be really bad .. but there you go. The mouthwash does help you eat .. sometimes better than others for some reason or other. I suppose it might be something to do with how much saliva you produce cause that would dilute it and it's not as if you're swishing loads of the mouthwash. There were a few of us using it on the ward I was on in hospital. You'd hear the nurses saying remember do not swallow.

It seems the best thing to do is to swirl for about 3/4 mins .. wish the effects lasted a bit longer once you've done it. There's no way you can use it twice, partially because it's diluted, it's also pretty yukky once it's been used and, also, I think it changes a bit after it's been used once .. I'm not sure about it but I didn't feel too good the time I tried and there wasn't too long between the two rinses. I wouldn't do it again. Horrid.