Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Finding copyleft/creative commons music

Still feel too tired to do much .. keep on kind of dozing/dazing .. whatever it is you do when you're so sleepy ,, not quite going to sleep but too tired to really do anything.

Have been trying to trace a link I found when I was Googling for music links on Sunday and I'm too tired to really go through a whole weeks history.

Oh .. and a word to people who want to find a particular sort of music .. Google is the way to do it .. maybe though start off on the Jamendo sound cloud .. even if you don't get in to what you like there you'll probably find other links through their links to Myspace etc by clicking on the friends links on their myspace page or on their own websites as they're producing free music themselves.. If it's about your favourite type of music maybe you can start a blog about what you find to share with other people. Think I blogged about the Jamendo sound cloud a few weeks ago for those who want to find a particular kind of music. It's one way of starting or google up a creative commons /copyleft magazine to read as they cover all kinds of things. More people searching the sooner you'll find yourselves in the right community and only the person looking really knows what that is as there are so many sub divisions in all sorts of music these days.

I've put up links to info about free music so you know the jargon that goes with it and there are plenty of articles about finding free music on the net and finding out what all the different music licences mean.

The blogs here are free too.

Enjoy yourselves and share.

I'll cover all kinds of genres here .. even classical music and opera which I find quite difficult to listen to on the whole but I know when I visit some blogs and click in on music they like in a particular genre I can be quite disappointed, even though I can see why they like it, because it's not quite what I was looking for.