Saturday, May 15, 2010

Saturday night/Sunday morning

Don't feel tired again .. guess I can sleep when I feel like it though. One lady who has this illness said she just goes on til she more or less collapses with exhaustion and into sleep. Maybe will go and make a cup of tea and put some relaxing music on then.

Think the pills are helping .. know it didn't look as if they could possibly be earlier on but I think they may be. I've finished the ones I was taking before I went to the hospital on Friday now. I'd taken an old one and one of the new ones yesterday to finish the first packet .. they are a bit different so they're not doing exactly the same job as each other. Did the same today and now I'm just left with the new ones.

See how it goes. This evening looks promising though. The test results should be back on Monday so they'll know more about it then. If things appear to be getting worse when the effects of having both pills wears off will tell them. It should only be an extra pill for a little while not as if I'm adding more to the daily list.

Well, think I'll go and get a cup of tea and a sandwich. Mouthwash time again. It's better than the one I had before .. the Difflam spray ... because I can numb the whole mouth and with the Difflam spray you just get a very little directed at one spot. Started this one in hospital last time I was in .. was a bit dubious before I tried it but it helps, though if the pain's very sharp, it can still break through. It makes eating a lot easier all in all though.

The pills are helping but my skin isn't doing too well really .. my elbow is so sore where I rest on it .. and I still haven't got those cushions sorted out .. I think they're a bit like giant doughnuts but I could be wrong. Dunno where I got that idea from .. maybe the physios brought one on to the ward to show someone or something .. or maybe I'm thinking of something else altogether or maybe someone told me about them.

I was offered a hospital bed too .. you know the sort that you can raise the top end with a remote control so that I could get up easier in the mornings .. or whenever ... lol!!! Also I'd've had an air mattress for skin and back. I find it easier to sleep in a chair just snuggled up in a duvet. Duvet and pillows for warmth and support .. they keep my back and head away from surface pressure too .. not that it's making any difference. Still a bit of a haul in the mornings but would be worse if I had to get out of a bed even with the extra help..

Guess I should've played some relaxing music too .. might've drifted off. Might not've.