Friday, May 14, 2010

and boards

The guy's in therapy and, though I haven't read everything he's written .. his posts are scattered all over .. he's explained a lot. I understand though that people aren't clones of each other but it still gives an interesting base line.

I said that people are very open about their feelings there which is cool. Some come and go after a problem has been talked over a bit or just make one post and, I guess, read what other people write to see if they can get any help from what's been said but don't join in the discussion. Most others stay around a while.

I've still got a few forums to read there .. and I will read through the whole board. Just read my way through all the forums that caught my attention when I first found the board.

I guess most boards have their relationships forums .. this one just suits me .. other people might find it a bit daunting. Just found another one that looks interesting .. though, on first view. maybe not so chatty but might just have clicked a couple of links where there wasn't much more to add.

Guess, though, that it's different strokes for different folks or everyone would be on the same site!!!!!!!!!!!

Won't put links up because the first community is quite a closed one but there are hundreds if not thousands of places where you can go to discuss your problems though it's a given more or less that you don't tell anyone IRL where you are for obvious reasons. Well, not unless you know you can trust them and, even then, it seems most people like to have their space to themselves. Some people make subtle changes that don't alter the gist of what they're saying but still make it less likely that someone they know will recognise them. Some people don't bother.

I miss the big UK board as it was. Guess people have decided not to come back to stay. I think it might be the delay in posting for new people or people who haven't been around for a while that caused the mass exodus. It is a bit annoying to have to wait hours for what you've written to appear on a thread but I guess the site thinks this is the best way to run the board. Earlier rather than later monitoring. You have to join to post there but it's not private or semi private.

I might try and search for somewhere where they have pain relief discussions I find it easy to relate to . Pain's not good but not too intrusive at the moment. Has it's moments but over all not as bad as it was .. and I mean generally. Couldn't walk that far but it's OK just like this most of the time right now. Well, maybe most people wouldn't agree but. for me. this isn't too bad at all so I'm making the most of it. Still finding it difficult to sleep though. People who live with this sort of thing will know the feeling. Don't think it's easy to imagine if you don't. Well, it's not.

Wonder how they're getting on with that new form of relief I mentioned months ago .. hope all's going well.