Friday, May 14, 2010

On the boards

I seriously love one of the boards I visit. I've learnt so much since I've been reading .. generally the relationships forum .. it's brought to life some things that I only knew through studying .. but had never heard people, or a person in this case, describe exactly how they respond to people and situations when they have this problem.

I don't know if it's still uncertain if this happens completely by nurture or nature .. if people are born like this even or if early experiences change the way they develop. Like the way epigenetics showed that events before birth could affect people in their lives.

This guy didn't want to be like his father who treated him appallingly so he is trying, with the help of a therapist, to change the way he reacts to people and events.

He's not bullshitting either.

Hope he stays on the board but I guess it's possible he might move on. Whatever, he's put into words something that I hadn't heard described like this before.