Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Misunderstanding

I've just read through three of the papers going through the usual acccounts of world violence, politics and now reports about the global ecological situation. Most I just read and think about and evaluate as I'm reading, though not as much as usual because I'm still tired and whoozy from being ill. One column though brought me up fast, a critque of the Netherlands again from someone who obviously has no idea of the sensitivities there at the moment. Cold and harsh and to some extent, sneering. It's always been my third paper of choice and apart from a few articles I've generally been quite disappointed. This as it displayed such a total lack of empathy just spun me round completely. Be different if I actually liked the paper I suppose.


Anyway, I'm still whoozy, read the papers, but just leafed through Rolling Stone's section on climate change. Will be back to read it later. The last couple of weeks have been spent away from things like that as my concentration has been so bad. For me it's just been a rather unpleasant but remote bit of knowledge while more personal things have been going through my mind. Think that state of affairs is coming to an end though. My body's still in an early stage of recovery really and it's been through a lot. There's been a lot of pain and at times I've wondered just how I was going to come out of it,if at all. Inside I just felt raw after another bug tenderised what had already been damaged. Luckily the last bug left my spine alone. My spine's just uncomfortable at times now and some of that might be due to muscle tenderness rather than just a painful spine.


I realise that the experience has had quite some effect on me. Going over things and evaluating them. Still some time to go before I can even begin to call myself well. It looks as if I haven't been damaged permanently, and even with the way my spine,neck and head were affected that I'm going to be ok. Think I'm very lucky. Infact I know I am.