Thursday, November 17, 2005

Half asleep really I guess

I'm feeling much better but I carried too much back from the supermarket today and the rawness that seemed to have gone this morning is back. I know it's from the pressure of carrying heavy bags for a couple of miles. Starting to feel better again though.

I don't know. I feel so world weary at the moment. Maybe it's just physical tiredness. I really don't know. I haven't read the papers much over the last week or so because I've had so little concentration but today I've part read and part skimmed my way through three of them and there's no surprize at anything I read. It's just like the old news rehashed in a different time and a different place, maybe with a different story line but the gist of its just the same.

Scientific discoveries I take in with a nod of the head. And, on the climate change front, well, it comes as no surprise that the poorer countries at least in theory are going to be the worst affected. But, then even if they weren't physically affected quite to the extent of the richer countries the suffering would be worse. A topic of conversation three or four years ago.

There seems to be the beginnings of interest now. More related protests. There's a climate march in London on Saturday, December 3rd.

http://www.campaigncc.org


Supported by

Friends of the Earth

Greenpeace

The Green Party

and others.


Sadly, regardless of the Kyoto agreement, polluting emissions are rising in this country.



.............................