Thursday, November 10, 2005

Coming back through

Slowly coming back out of the state of mind I've been in for the last few days. It was caused by a bug and I found myself minus a lot of concentration outwardly. But, at the same time, I was quite clear headed as far as being introspective was concerned. It was somewhere I needed to go too. I couldn't concentrate much on outward things so I spent quite a lot of time looking inward, thinking things through.

I have to admit that one newspaper article in a paper I don't normally read probably pushed me further back into the introspection than I'd normally have gone. Some people will probably be well aware which one it was. It pushed me back into grief, populated by ghosts. I left it be, though I was seething, because I thought it'd been written to push a political point of view. I thought the way it was written was appalling. Using emotive language and imagery to distort a sensitive situation.

It broke my heart.



Normally I would have coped but I was very ill and had already been removed from my usual state by illness. Already whoozy and with little outer concentration I went somewhere away from the present.

Stopped reading the papers. Stopped thinking about present day problems. Went back into the past to think things through.

I'm still ill but I'm back again.

I've just been sorting out really. Know it's going to be quite some time before I'm well again. Today I was looking through all the papers weighing up the differences in how they reported Tony Blair's defeat in the Commons.

Read them all. Tomorrow I'll be going back on the Europa site to get the codecision procedure nailed.

Have you seen that flipping diagram?

I quite enjoy reading European law but this particular bit of it has never been my favourite.

Say no more.