Sunday, January 01, 2006

The article

Actually the article just made me angry. It did ofcourse cover Bob Geldof but was just slamming a certain group of people from the Arts as having no social interests even if they appeared to have. Bob Geldof was just put up as an example really because he's in the news now and is advising a Tory Make Poverty History type group.

Exactly the same type of slamming that he got over Live 8 for being seen with Tony Blair. There you go doesn't really matter if it's Labour or Conservative does it. I didn't like the way Live 8 was staged but there you go, it was staged in tandem with political talks about global poverty and it'd been strange if the PM wasn't seen with Bob Geldof somewhere.

Didn't get to mention Bill Gates I notice who has been the poster boy of far left ire regardless of the fact that he's donated a fortune to charitable causes. I know he's a techie rather than in the Arts but you get my drift.

Can't be bothered to write how Live Aid got off the ground and the people involved again. But whoever wrote the article was either unaware or didn't care.


Whatever I might have thought about the staging of Live 8 I know that the event itself will have highlighted and raised interest in some people about world poverty and trade.

I mean I know the political input is questionable and promises are already being broken. And I have my suspicions that some of the political interest has rather a lot to do with opposing China's interest in developing industry in Africa.

There you go.