Tuesday, January 10, 2006

My fringe and then, ofcourse, the music ............

My fringe needs trimming and I'm not doing it myself while I feel like this or I'll end up having loads of hair cut off again after styling it in so I'm just leaving it til I'm not as tired and whoozy and can have a good look at it. Not that I've got as much hair as last time.


Seem to be having a thing for atmospheric music at the moment. Just played Odetta Sings Dylan which was beautiful though I was too interested in the music and her lovely voice to really sit back and enjoy it. It's quite unusual and'll take another couple of playings to really fall into it. It's lovely though.

I'm listening to the album Grand Theft Parsons now and am listening to Gram Parsons singing Song For You. I love this song.

Now Gillian Welch singing Hickory Wind. Beautiful.

I started writing this because an instrumental piece of music was playing, Parsons' Boy, and it was just so atmospheric. Got me after listening to Odetta. But then those two songs too.

You know I could have my wrist operated on but I don't really want the hassle and it'd take some time to recover from the op and then there's no guarantee that it'd be that much better I guess, though I think the odds are that it would be. Puts hands back on keyboard.

My voice is getting better too, even with my being in the state I'm in at the moment.

And another thing, the wrist's not painful so I think it might be just as well to leave it. But sometimes it just kind of gets me.

This album is excellent, just listened to Love Hurts and now on to another instrumental by the guy that did Parsons' Boy, Richard G Mitchell.