Sunday, January 08, 2006

Sunday or should I say Zondag

Well, I'm .. er.. resting. Well, that and getting the flat sorted out while I get ready to move. I've told people that I should be in London within the month and that's how I hope it's going to be, though I guess there might be a couple of weeks more, just depends on my health. Contracts haven't been exchanged yet but I expect that to happen in the next couple of weeks when I've a reasonable idea of how long I'll be here.

Just trying to get my Dutch a little better. Still have the problem that I speak it more fluently than I understand and that's because of my memory loss. Apparently it's quite common with that type of problem for only the most used language to stay intact. The problem has it's funny moments to be sure but hopefully most of that will be sorted out in the next few months as I get my head stuck into my Living Language course and the other language courses I've here and my pile of Dutch novels. Some people are refusing to talk to me completely in English now and that's kind of helping a lot. (Humph).

My foot's still a bit tender. It got very hot while I was ill and I've just got to wait until it's sorted itself out. I don't think I've a cold at the moment but I'm still not well.

I'm eating healthily and even surprizing myself there. I don't see it as some kind of difficult thing anymore and am starting to enjoy sorting out healthy eating. Not cooking from scratch or anything. I mean how could I with my foot like it is!!! But as far as eating healthily goes I see it as the difference between being ill and feeling better and being able to do more and to be honest there's no contest.

My foot is making sure that I'm not tiring myself out cause when I start overdoing things it starts playing up more. I'm taking pain relief for it but I don't like to take too much because I know that I will overdo things. The healthy eating has been much easier to sort out than trying to stop being up and around and out as much as I'm used to being. The foot is keeping me in check.