Friday, January 06, 2006

School and community work

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4583234.stm


Interesting. But it's very similar to Labour's plans to pay people to stay on at school and have them doing community work. I wrote about that in the part of my blog that I deleted. There was an article in the news about Labour's plans to build on after school activities in secondary schools and also to have people at school doing community work.

I wrote saying that the after school activities needed to be thought through well so that they'd appeal to the people doing them. And I also thought that something similar should be thought of for junior schools too because some people really don't have much to do at home and also because some homes are unhappy places. I've experience of the latter.