Monday, May 29, 2006

New Scientist 2

Quite a long time since I posted in this blog. It's not that I haven't been keeping up with the news, though I haven't been reading as much as usual, it's all been rather sporadic again for a while. But I was looking through New Scientist this morning and found an ad for the Rosetta Stone languages courses. I was thinking about them yesterday. I used to spend quite a lot of time on their US site and didn't realise that they had set up business in the UK until I came across their UK site a little while ago and blogged in delight about it. And then forgot. I will be getting one or other of their language courses. People used to say how good they are but I was put off by the fact that I'd have to order them from the States so I never bothered.

link

http://www.therosettastone.co.uk/en/offer/google


Haven't noticed them in the shops here. Looked when I was in Grant and Cutlers but I didn't see them. Maybe they'd just sold out or something, but, having said that, I've never seen any in the shops anywhere.

The course is expensive, though no different from going to night school or something like that. It's different from most of the courses you find in the shops.