Friday, June 29, 2007

healing

Going for healing doesn't mean that you feel that you are going to get physically better. I know the girl who went to healing at The Pump Rooms here did but that doesn't mean that happens to everyone. The healing can take place on a psychological level too. An acceptance of what has happened.

Well, my acceptance had already taken place to an extent I suppose, when I stopped being afraid of dying and felt that this life is a tranisionary phase leading to another form of existance. Everyone's spirituality is a personal thing but other people have been there with me along my journey.

I've found that regardless what that journey is people will make up their own minds and interpret things as they will. My interpretation of my journey is that life follows life and that I'll just get on with what life presents me with the best I can. Other than that I do not know.

So, when I went for healing I didn't go expecting to have some miraculous cure. I knew that it might just affect my attitude and I did infact feel better in that way because there had been some unrelated depression which was attached to a change that was taking place in my life. I seemed more bouyant afterwards and I think something I did today mightn't've happened if I hadn't gone along to the healing. It was about an issue of trust. Even though I knew there was no problem here if the slight depression had still been lingering from the other episode I might have chosen not to've done what I did.

So, maybe it works on different levels cause I did notice that was one of the things that had changed that evening. Maybe depression is the wrong word, because I don't think a psychologist would've described it as that, more sadness but a sadness that would've influenced me in this instance even though I knew there was zero problems here.

She knows I know too. Sigh!!!!! A good friendship, with all it's ups and downs, in the making. We've known each other a fair while now and there's no pseudo sweetness etc going on or it being one sided etc. Too much giving on one side or anything like that.

I'm much happier where I am now than where I was before with all the power over, or attempted power over crap going on.

I am just happily prancing off from all that.

Someone asked me if the woman I've mentioned on here before who was unpleasant knew a lot about the spiritual side of my journey and I said yes, a lot, cause she did. I'd told her a lot about me, other people, things I'd read. Discussed things with her. Oh, yes. And, they said, and she still behaved like that. That's why I think everyone's journey is an individual one depending on how they interpret things.

Maybe that's what life is about.

Anyway, that's what healing is about, it's not all about it being on a physical plane. It's about acceptance, maybe a change in attitude. And, maybe, sometimes, that change in attitude isn't totally tied up with what you went there for.

But, I did notice a change that evening which started me along a path which lead me to being able to be trusting here. I know I can but without going to healing that evening I might've left it because I was still in the process of sorting out the other stuff to a certain degree.