Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Coping skills

I'll be making a card in the next few days to send to someone to say thankyou for showing me some coping skills. She's been ill for a long time with another auto immune illness, there seem to be a lot of them, and was generally quite chatty and cheerful even though she'd been through some really awful times with it. I've noticed that a number of the women I've met in this position seem to be doing much the same. Met quite a few IRL and on the boards and we're getting to know each other.

It's learning coping skills I guess so that you can get on with things even if it does mean having to change things like becoming a more indoors focused person when your focus has been on the outdoors.

It took my thinking back to the young woman I mentioned a while back who had had to leave home. She had no coping skills at all. Quite a lot seemed to be down to the fact that she thought she could manipulate situations. Her mum said she thought it was a sign of the times of the 'must have' attitude along with advertising and things like that and it had started to move into all kinds of areas of life and then when it doesn't work the person is left with no coping skills.

Well, I'll make my card soon. We actually had quite a lot to share cause I gave her information that helped her too. Just like with the honey too. I'd offered the lady a guitar cd rom cause I won't be needing it anymore obviously. That part of my life is over now .. she gave me some information that has really helped me, not just about the honey.