Monday, July 02, 2007

Taking the pills

Yup. It's much better to take the first dose of pain relief before getting up. I'll be starting doing some new gentle exercises too soon. All learnt from when I used to go to the rehab with mum. It's just thinking all this stuff through.

I take the pain relief before the steroid sparing drugs though this means I have to wait longer for breakfast, they're the ones that are to be taken an hour before food.

Then it's the steroids with food.

The pill that has to be taken half an hour before breakfast on an empty stomach is only taken once a week. And, this is serious, if I eat anything it has to be left til the next day.

It sounds as if someone else could be starting a regieme like this ... I wonder what they'll choose to do. It was ok when it was just the once a week one that had to be taken before food but with the change of medication things got a lot more complicated.

Well, better for me because I don't have an allergy to the new pill, but a lot more complicated in a remembering if you've taken them or not kind of way. It's best to mark 'em off as I go.

There are others too but they go down with the steroids so are easy to remember.

I also mark down when I take the pain relief as there should be so many hours before doses.

Who'd've thought it would be so complicated.

Pain relief started at 8.00 this morning.