Sunday, July 01, 2007

Sunday but not sundae

Kept the pain relief by the bed last night ready for this morning. I often just keep the oramorph but last night took in the paracetamol and MST too. This is what I'll do now. Took it, rested for about half an hour as it took effect, did a few very, very gentle stretches and got up.

The first dose takes the edge off the pain. I suppose your muscles might stiffen up a bit over night, but they also rest. Getting up can be quite difficult though and the pain relief sure does help.

I used an extra pillow last night too to prop myself up, like raising the back of the bed mechanically as they do in hospital and that sure did make a difference. It helped a lot. Kept on meaning to do it, but never got round to it.

So, both of things are an improvement.

I'll be discussing pain relief later on again. Just see how things go.

I've let the meditation drop again. Got the mornings sorted out. That comes under getting the evenings sorted too.

It's not easy but you do it. And I have plenty of inspiration and support from other people in my life. Have their experiences in my mind and it kinda helps a lot. Means I don't feel alone with what I'm coping with. Their experiences are there with me and ofcourse mine for people I know who're going through similar things.

I guess it'd all be very different without them. Sometimes just a sentence'll pop into my head and it helps me sort things out with what I'm doing.

I still would like to find out more about pain control through meditation and things like that. I know some pain clinics teach it. I believe some people can control pain by up to 25%. That would be good to learn. Probably go and find out when I'm back in London, though maybe I'll find out before then from someone, you never know.

I think when the muscular thing's more sorted out, the other illness'll be easier to manage too. I've thought that for a while and something happened this morning which I think kinda confirms that.

I bought meself some ice cream as a treat today. But, yuck. Dunno why but I'm going off sweet things. So, no more ice cream I guess. Savoury things seem to be appealing more.

So much for the pea and mint ice cream receipe I posted up on the boards then!!! Guess I'll be going more for the lets cook loads of veggies together and add herbs spices and cheese(vegan or vegetarian) type thing.

The occasional pizza .. buy the base and ingredients and voila. I have made veggie and vegan pizzas before using bought bases so they won't be a problem.

It'll be nice when I do start cooking again cause then you can use combinations of herbs and spices to suit you. And there are plenty of meals to cook that hardly take any preparation time that are interesting and nourishing.