Sunday, February 24, 2008

Meditation

I was wondering about the mention of sahaja yoga as a help in epilepsy. I'm not sure how healthy that would be!!! It's mentioned as something that apparently reduced seizures in some people which is cool. I would think from what I've read about it that it would be more beneficial than using a mantra .. repeating something over and over again in your mind to slow or hopefully block out intruding thoughts. Different types of meditation work for different people. And some people might find that it doesn't do much for them at all or that they can't get into it.

I mentioned before that when you fitst start meditating it can make you a bit twitchy as the body starts riding itself of tension. I also found that my mind would easily wander but I don't generally find my mind wanders much anymore even when I stop and start again. I get off days when I find it hard not to let my mind wander but generally it's ok.

Sahaja meditation:

http://www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sahaja_Yoga


It's interesting to me. I was diagnosed as having epilepsy .. petit mal .. which is a very minor form of epilepsy after I'd fallen down a few stairs. I didn't have to go on any medication and never had that kind of problem again. I have no idea why it happened and then disappeared.

The shakiness that I was getting isn't anything to do with it. That's stopped now too. Hasn't happened for a few weeks and when this illness was more symptomatic it happened a lot. How many dinners did I lose!!!!!!