Saturday, February 23, 2008

Reading ............

I'm still slowly reading my book. A chapter every couple of days .. but it's slow I guess because I've been feeling so tired. I was wondering how much I agreed or disagreed with the feeling that it's guilt that's the punishment when you pass over. Here I'm just going by my own beliefs that there is continuation after death.

I can remember from reading the books I found in a charity shop .. must've been Help 71 I think. Long gone but fondly remembered. They were about the near death experiences people have had. Mentioned them a couple of times before. Though it's not only Dr Moody's books I've read on the subject but I can't remember the authors or the titles of the other books as I'd just chosen them by subject.

One thing that some people experienced was a life review complete with experiencing how their behaviour had affected other people. They got to experience what they felt were the other people's emotions.

He brings up the story of a minister who was in the war and was reflecting on how this would be seen in spirit. I thought his actions would be seen as self defence but even so I could understand the guilt even though he'd been put in that position by other people who'd started the conflict. I suppose it must've been WW2.

I certainly believe in spirit now. As I've said before on a logical basis the thought of spirit is a lot less harder to grasp than the thought of all this evolving .. and I don't just mean the universe(s) but going back and back and back to why there is anything at all.

I'd read a couple of his books before finding these other two in The Works. And, I have another to read by another author.