Wednesday, February 20, 2008

It's been ok .. um .. today

Had quite a good day bar the illness really. More hugs 'n' no problems!!! I pottered into Head too and bought a couple of books. Picked up Nelson Mandela's book and Ebony and Ivory started playing then mossied off to the shop that sells the packs of fruit and nut and Where is the Love was playing when I went in.

I have indeed bought the last of those two books in The Works that I'm going to buy. There's only a couple left now anyway. I know I'd said that before .. though not on here I don't think .. but that's it. I want to give a couple more away. We differ here and there in how we interpret things but then we're not clones of each other so that isn't surprizing.

I picked up the Dalai Lama's book The Universe in a Single Atom from Head too .. how science and spirituality can serve our world which I'll get round to reading eventually. Decided to get that instead of one of Eric Hobsbawn's books. As I've said I used to refer to myself as a sort of Buddhist and while I've never been a Marxist I'm sure that Eric Hobsbawn's books would be very interesting to read. I've read one I think though it's a long time ago and I can't remember which one. Think I mentioned that I'd not been a Marxist when I was talking about feminism back in the day. There were quite a few people who were as Marxism was something that a lot of politically minded young people on the left were interested in finding out about then. I had an aunt and uncle who were though.

Anyway, I've going off to sort out dinner now. Well, it's in the oven but it needs swirling round a bit and then putting back for a while.