Monday, February 18, 2008

OK!!!

Today was much better than I expected it to be. After yesterday's pain I wondered how difficult things might be today. Going by previous experiences it could've been very bad for a while again but I've been ok. There are times when even the amount of pain relief I'm on doesn't stop breakthrough pain. I don't really want to be on any more though.

There's the problem with pain and breathing comfortably and, ofcourse, protecting my skin cause it's still on the delicate side. Not as bad as it was .. I don't blister like I did though I still have to be careful. I guess I'll know more about that when I chat more with other people who have this condition. I think it can go into some sort of remission with treatment and some people can have it under control with little medication. Still I'm not there yet though things are much better than they were. I'll hopefully be on much less medication for the condition than I am now.

My cold's seems ok. I met someone today whose on the same kind of medication and she has a bad cold. Hopefully though things'll be ok. I didn't develop any secondary infections .. as I said I never have since I developed this condition and have been on this type of medication. Obviously there are two problems .. the illness itself which makes my skin fragile and therefore more prone to infection and the medication I have to take.

I will phone the homeopathic people up. The general feeling towards alternative therapies is that they'll probably help more with the side effects of the orthodox medication than the illness itself. There's no harm in asking around though. It would be as a complementary medicine though not as something used as an alternative to orthodox medicine.

Anyway, today hasn't been as bad as I thought it might be. There was quite a bit of new movement that was very evident down my left side yesterday.

I think the cushions from The Works might be making things a bit easier. Early days though. I'm seeing the tissue viability people again soon and I'll talk to them about the problems. The district nurses are keeping an eye on things. I see them twice a week at the moment.

It's a difficult illness both from living with it and the treatment side .. though it can go into a kind of remission where it can be kept stable on a small dose of medicine .. and some people can find that they don't develop any more blisters etc.