Thursday, February 14, 2008

Think I might have another cold

Don't feel so good this morning. I wondered if it was due to the steroid reduction when I first woke up but I doubt it as I've left a dose out occasionally because I couldn't remember if I'd taken them or not. Usually when the phone had rang while I was sorting my morning pills out so I'd left them rather than take the risk of having too many and I'd been taking a much higher dose then. And I'd felt ok the next day.

What happened to Heath Ledger is the reason I'm so careful. It'd be very easy to do myself a lot of harm if I took too much of some of my medication or mixed it with other things. As I said I mark everything down when I take them out of their containers and then again when I swallow them. And I write down how many I should take next to the name of the medication when I'm writing it all out. I'm very careful to make sure that I mark off the right boxes for each as I take them and I write down the time. Might seem a lot to do but it's much better than getting it wrong and making myself ill.

Think I'm probably coming down with another cold then. There were quite a few people sneezing in the hospital when I was there on Tuesday so it wouldn't be surprising if I've picked up a cold. I'd hoped we'd all got the same one but maybe not as I felt a bit whoozy when I woke this morning and I was feeling some extra aches and pains and my eyes were a bit watery though their ok again now, Have to wait and see.

I'm rather prone to catching colds because of the steroids. I feel a bit better than when I first woke up.