Monday, March 10, 2008

Another book has flown the coop

I came back minus another of my books. Even though I'd given a few away (3 for £10) I hadn't finished either of them myself .. had got through half of one and had leafed through the other. I'd picked up one to read in hospital and as luck would have it t'was the one I hadn't started reading. I've read a couple of his books before which I'd chosen from Waterstones .. couldn't believe my luck when the two that turned up in The Works were different titles from the ones I'd already read ... but as luck would have it they were. And a good read too. I guess I know pretty much what's going to be in them now but there were a couple of times when I gasped while reading the book. Once at a philisophical idea .. and gasped in a pleased way .. and the other was when he was telling of one of his experiences .. which was along the same line as some of mine. It was just so neat and simple and filled with synchronicity.

Someone I know saw my book and he gasped too .. with joy. He asked if there were any left and were there any more titles by the author at The Works. I said I thought there were three left of the one I had there last time I looked. Y'know this guy has done a lot for me since I've been ill ... so .... I said u kin av it when oi've red it! He said I couldn't. I said .. It's Ur's .. and so it was.

He said he thought the guy was the best or one of the best and that he's coming to Leamington soon. Asked if I'd be going. I said ... yes .. but thinking more about it .. I probably won't. Not sure when he'll be here but I'll either be busy getting ready to go back to London or will have gone I should think.

So, we kinda come round full circle. The first book I read of his mentioned Leamington Spa .. think it was in the first chapter .. and off I go as he comes here again.

There was a little bit of chat about that kind of thing when I was in hospital this time .. well, there usually is .. sometimes I bring it up .. sometimes other people do. I was told two more experiences. Unfortunately I've forgotten one because I was still feeling quite ill and my concentration was hazy but I remember the other.

I always leave hospital with a couple of experiences from people and tell them some of mine.

Well, I've got quite a few to remember now which people have told me around the place as we've talked.