Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz hopefully

My breathing is a lot better than it was a few months ago and I can walk further now than I have for a long while which will help my body absorb calcium better as well as help stop it leaching out. Most importantly though is not taking the calcium pill til dinner time on the day I take the bone sparing pill. I take two strong calcium pills a day now. I have to make sure that I don't overdo the calcium too though.

And ofcourse it's important that I don't have anything other than water for half an hour after taking the bone sparing pill cause there are a number of things that can stop it being absorbed properly. Not just heavy duty calcium.

Anyway .. off to bed now. I don't feel too bad considering how I felt a few hours ago. I did wonder if I'd be heading for the hospital again. It could've been the same thing that had got me into hospital the last two times starting up again .. whatever that may be!!!

I stayed up a bit longer to see how I felt ... it seems it was the sneezing making me sick and bringing on the breakthrough pain. I've taen some oramorph .. that will ick in in quarter of an hour or so. I've less MST tonight .. fortunately I hadn't taken it before I was sick .. but, as I took it so late .. waited til I felt more settled tummywise .. left 200mgs out so that it'll be ok with tomorrow morning's doss. Means I'm feeling it a bit at the moment but I've taen some oramorph to help there which should mean I'll get some more sleep.

It's quite amazing the amount of effort the team is taking trying to get me better and it's good to see so much liasion between the hospital and my GP. Right, gonna grab a 100ml bottle of oramorph and head for the bedroom.