Wednesday, June 24, 2009

to bag or not to bag

I just don't know what to do about the teas .. because of my meds and blood pressure .. I have really come to the conclusion that garlic oil isn't going to help the majority of people .. someone told me about their dad today who has high blood pressure but refuses to eat a healthy diet but takes garlic oil .. well, that's not going to help is it. It's an aid along with a healthy diet .. bunging yourself full of cholesterol raising foods and then taking a capsule isn't going to do any good at all .. but from what I've read it's possible that adding one to a good diet could help but you have to do some of the work yourself. He smokes too so is keeping his veins messed up too.

I had to say that I didn't think the tea would be a good idea!!

After that conversation I think I'll say that I don't think the tea is suitable for people with high blood pressure whatever they're eating or taking. There has been evidence that it works in the short term when chopped ... both triglycerides and LDL are positively affected but it's not really going to help unless you lead a healthy lifestyle and/or take meds .. depends if they've been prescribed .. some people do it by diet alone.

But I think if you do have raised blood pressure it's probably best to leave the liquorice alone ,, even such a little bit and go for the white tea and tumeric ... said to be better anyway!!!

I'm just going off to the docs .. I think I'll be ok .. if I keep to my diet .. I hope so cause this has helped so much .. people are saying .. that I'm being over cautious .. a teabag probably gives out about an eighth of a gram if that a day and it's going to be fine and that I'm not actually eating any liquorice .. it's just an infusion.. but I'm gonna be on the cautious side here ... lol!!

But viruses don't like it .. I did think at that minute amount and having a diet that should help my cholesterol infused with a bit of garlic just to steady things a bit .. that I should be ok .. but I'm going to be careful .. everyone thinks I'm going to be fine anyway and I'm making a fuss about nothing but we shall see.

Off to the doc again.