Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Gud night

It says not to use this herb for prolonged stretches of time or in high doses .. I suppose at the low dose I'm using it a long time really means a long time. Someone has just said that they think I'm being rather on the ultra ultra careful side .. or words to that effect .. lol!!! But I don't think that hurts at all .. and, what's more it appears to be doing the trick so why take more. If I thought I needed more than 1 would try more .. but at this dose I was feeling better so I think it's best to stay on 1 teabag a day .. though I am pleased to be trying out the white tea now .. see what happens,

It's daft to over medicate with anything or take more medication than is recommended. Like it's recommended not to take more than eight 500mg paracetamols a day or you could do yourself a lot of harm .. herbal meds have their limit too and it's silly to take more than you need to get better too .. same with herbal medicine.

If I had over medicated I'd be back having those spasms with most likely quite a few cramps on the side .. well .. a lot of cramp .. infact I haven't had one for ages .. months and months and I'm not in quite as much pain when I try to get up first thing in the morning.

I tell you what though .. I think vits, minerals ,, anything should have a maximum dose on the bottle/packet like pain killers do so you know exactly what the max dose is so there's no chance of making a mistake.

And with something like this .. which is so nice to taste and seems more like a lovely drink than a medicine it should say that it's a medicine and what the dosage is and also have a leaflet of instructions to read inside like any other medicine does.

To be honest for an industry moaning about the possibilities of being regulated they're not trying very hard to show how responsible they are. If aspirins come with instructions so should herbal teas .. after all aspirin was once just a herbal remedy.

I'm very grateful to the makers of these teas .. there's a possibility they might've saved my life .. if not .. they've certainly made the last few months much better than it would otherwise have been .. but they do need to provide more guidelines .. it wouldn't take away the kind of mystic that goes with them but it would make them seem to be more carefully considered .. and their customers too

My opinion after all this anyway.

I do know that I'm taking very little .. around the third of the maximum d9se .. and, as soon as I feel it's sensible I will certainly have gaps .. but it seems that now isn't the right time .. so I'll just keep an eye on what I'm eating .

I doubt if there'll be many people who need to keep drinking the tea for long.

Must say I'm real pleased with it though .. they just need to give more info.