Thursday, June 18, 2009

Thursday

There are so many antiviral herbs and spices out there .. I guess all you need to do really is find ones that work on the virus and any bacterial infections rather than boosting the immune system too much. And check out anything to do with cytokines.

It's just a precaution anyway for most people .. most people will get through this being treated at home with antiviral medication and will be fine. All the herbs and spices do is give a helping hand. Good thing to know about though. I'm sure that there are much better combinations than I've been using cause I just chose mine from what I'd been reading after reading about liver problems for someone else .. went for the same thing as I'd read about it's effectiveness for a few conditions and it seemed a good bet. Now I'm looking around a bit more. Ginger is good got the tum though .. so I think as an antiviral too it can stay in ..lol!!! A bit of crystalized ginger never went amiss anyway .. think it worked better than the chews anyway .. and powder and the fresh root must be just as good .. though they say .. for garlic, it's the oil that is effective so dried garlic doesn't help for some conditions .. suppose there must be some it does .. but generally it seems .. no!!!

I suppose it just helps things some.

It has helped me a bit and that's for sure .. I was really going down and down after getting the flu at the begining of the year and things did seem to improve and haven't gone back to how they were since drinking this tea though I'm still getting colds .. but they seem more like colds now .. than continuous flu.