Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Wednesday

Still miss my liquorice sweets though .. but obviously they are out for me now because of my meds. As I said before though .. a couple of mugs of liquorice tea a day should be ok .. and as I started feeling better with just one .. maybe it would really be better for me with just one and then adding a bit of tumeric to my evening meal.

I still think that whatever it is in the liquorice is dampening down the virus though not boosting the immune suppressing properties of my meds .. though I don't know .. but that's what appears to be happening.

The liquorice tea should be dampening down the possibilities of a cytokine storm too .. haven't really checked that out .. I don't think the possibilities of having one are very great for me cause my meds have dampened down my immune system anyway .. and my age has probably weakened my immune system some .. though it's still strong enough to wreak havoc in my body through the autoimmune illness and to a degree where the meds aren't able to deal with it properly.

Suppose I could try boiling peanuts too .. lol!!!

Even if you are healthy you have to be careful of eating too much liquorice .. there's a story on the BBC somewhere about a woman who was admitted to hospital after eating lots of the stuff.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3733757.stm

It does boost your blood pressure too so you need to be careful there too .. I'm eating fresh garlic everyday to try and keep mine steady.

Will never eat liquorice again myself because of my meds .. but drinking one or two teas along with eating fresh garlic to lower my blood pressure .. the dried garlic doesn't have the same effec .. should be ok.