Saturday, June 13, 2009

............................

Well, started to look at and research other herbal antiviral treatments. Black elderberry looked a winner .. brilliant test results .. only trouble is that it contains a chemical that helps produce more cytokines which have the potential to cause a cytokinetic storm which could potentially damage the lungs .. especially if the virus mutates and becomes more virulent. Cytokinetic storms were a major problem in the early 20thC flu panademic.

Even though my immune system is weakened by my meds I don't think I'd risk it .. people are very divided on the issue though .. and there are other herbs/spices that dampen down this effect so you could maybe cancel one effect out with another.

So ... I guess that's out for me. Don't think I'd risk it. One of my brother's friends is very worried by the flu so I've just said .. tell her about all this. I sneezed this morning .. disinfected myself .. put some antiviral tissues in me bag and went out .. didn't sneeze again though .. and still don't feel too bad in me cold affected way .. ain't thinking of swiss clinics .. haven't since two days after I started my teas. Though other things are still making me feel pretty lousy. But colds were pushing it over the top a bit.

Will have a go with the curcumin, tumeric/black pepper, piperine idea instead .. maybe .. will have a good read up on it though first. UUIt's suggested that you don't really need the piperine .. that the effects are still the same without it .. does the curcumin just start something off then just by being there at all as so little of it is absorbed without the piperine. I think eating tumeric to guard against dementia was effective without using piperine .. it still helped stop the platelets from attaching to the brain. Can't remember piperine being mentioned. That was one of the first herbal remedies I read about .. well, apart from chamomille. I guess there must be better things than I'm doing .. it was the most convenient really .. bit like a medical ready meal I guess. Don't need anymore packs of teabags anyway for quite a long time .. wonder what the capsules are like though .. think I prefer the tea bags though as the teas taste nice and I'm drinking more water .. and you can add other herbs/spices to your cuppa .. though that might change the taste ... lol!!! might make it taste nicer .. or .................................. um .. not!!!