Tuesday, June 09, 2009

.........................

I'll be taking a new pill for me pain soon .. my doctor thinks some of the pain is due to crushed and damaged nerve ends so he's going to try something that has been shown to work with this kind of acute pain .. i.e bad long term pain .. he says he's had quite good results with it .. so I'll just have to see what happens .. I think the % of people it works for is quite high.

I was offered something similar .. well, it's used for nerve pain .. some time ago .. but had to say no because I knew I didn't have a very good reaction to that family of medications so decided not to take it. This is something quite different and without so many long term side effects.

Felt pretty rough when I'd been up for a little while this morning .. but this cleared quite a bit once I'd taken my medication. Just as well as I had to be down the docs by 9.20 .. and, them, later in the morning .. off to the hospital.

Did a little bit of housework inbetween the two appointments and set of feeling ok .. perhaps I've been doing a bit much as I'm a teensy weensy bit queasy now .. but other than that much the same as usual. I know my muscles have relaxed a bit in that area in the last couple of days .. so I guess it's not surprizing. I've noticed some muscle changes around my tummy and my right side in the last few days .. which have been quite painful at times. Anyway .. have just eaten some ginger to see if that will steady things a bit. Have to admit that it did start after I took the aspirin .. so maybe my tummy is slightly raw at the moment with the muscle changes and the auto immune illness .. my mucous membranes etc are quite delicate to say the least. Not that it'll probably help in my condition .. but I wonder if there's a tea for delicate tummies!!!!!

Anyway .. that's how things are right now .. gonna have something to eat and then see how I feel about doing anything else.