Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Tuesday.

I'm tired. Don't think that I'll be staying up very late tonight. Think nature will take care of things if I try anyway and I'll just fall asleep ... zzzzzz. Guess it's the heat.



Had another look at Gordon Smith's book .. guess I'll carry on dipping in and out of it for a while. He talks a lot about self awareness and compassion .. he says that developing compassion and empathy are essential for a medium .. there's quite a lot about self awareness in the book.

He talks about meeting your spirit guide too and healing .. and meditation and grouding yourself but the book is mainly about finding a group to work with and how to behave so as not to disrupt the group. I would've liked to've read lots of peoples personal experiences of circle work .. which is what these development groups are called.

Really though the book's message is find a teacher woth an explanation of what it's all about. I wanted to read about peoples personal experiences during training so to speak .. what happened and how they felt .. not anecdotes of people getting a bit carried away by it all or causing bad feeling through their behaviour .. important I guess too because I guess nobody wants their group to break up through things like that .. but I really would've liked personal accounts of what it was all like as you learnt .. even if the answer is quite often .. nothing happened. He must know lots of people who could've told him their stories. I think it's the personal accounts that make this type of book.

Have to say that the one person who reviewed it on Amazon loved the book.