Tuesday, June 23, 2009

.................

I've just taken my first reduced dose of the mycrophenolate .. dunno if there'll be any side effects .. didn't ask .. was too busy thinking why. There's nothing about it on the web either .. just the change over FROM steroids TO mycrophenolate.


So, I take it that it isn't a problem. It's been a reduction frpm 3,000mgs a day to 2,000 .. 2 pills in the morning and 2 in the evening.

I'm not upping my teas though .. even though I understand that a 40% teabag brewed for 7 mins is very little. It's certainly changed the way my colds play out from so awful .. to not so bad ... considering. But, as I said before, I really think one is enough .. it's not totally got rid of the colds .. but has made them less severe and I'm not 100% certain that it got any better when I upped it to two .. but I thought I'd try it out to see what happened .. think things were just the same really so I think if I do take a stronger dose when I get the flu I'll take it at once .. one totally liquorice teabag or two 40% ones.


Anyway .. on to the white tea and tumeric .. lets see what happens there .. not by themselves though as I'm not stopping the licquorice ones while this flu is about. Or, maybe, for a long time .. cause who knows what will happen when the flu mutates.


People have been holding swine flu parties in Australia an Aussie friend of mine tells me .. which could be disastrous for all concerned if the flu mutates into something worse, Nobody knows what parts of the flu are going to mutate and into what and there is no guarantee .. or, so I'm told, that they'll be that protected, Have to say that I didn't realize that .. I thought that there would be some recognition but maybe it doesn't make so much difference when a flu is new, I remember reading years ago that the panademic flu at the start of the last century mutated itself into something weaker but there has been a lot of talk about people having no immunity to it this time and this is what is making people believe that these flu parties are a good idea. The only thing I've read about it here is that it's not a good idea cause it would spread the illness faster .. not that it could risk people at the party.

I dunno .. I'm carrying on with me 'erbs and hoping for the best.

I'm very sad about the guy .. he's such a nice geezer .. but I had thought a few days ago that there really wasn't much, if any hope when he caught the flu .. not in reality.

All, I can do is wish him a gentle journey. I'm sure there'll be a lot of love there.

I don't suppose there'll be much to write about me teas and the flu now .. just wanted to decide what to do about the liquorice ones .. though they were really covered by the contraindications site and checking out that they really did do something to help me.

I added garlic and ginger as extra abti virals and garlic is also good cause it brings ur blood pressure down .. thought I'd mention that, even though it fitted in with the teas through the contraindications site, because I think mine does go up a bit sometimes when I'm very, very ill with a bug ,, having muscle spasms and vomiting.

I think they say that tumeric is the best anti viral though .. so would seem good mixed in with the daily diet with white tea .. I haven't looked for the contraindications for tumeric yet .. but you obviously don't need much again if the way it treats brain plaques is anything to go by White tea is ordinary tea at a different stage of development to ur usual morning cuppa and, so far, I've found just good things said about it.

I would've stopped the liquorice tea for a while to see what happened just with the tumeric/garlic and ginger .. but I don't think it's a good idea now. But .. staying with the one in the morning with white tea the rest of the day. And a clove of garlic a day .. I can take more though .. as it's not contraindicated for me. I wish white tea tasted more like the liquorice brew though!!!!!