Saturday, June 20, 2009

Off to bed

Bit late for bed .. but found meself googling and the time flying. Was looking for something for someone again .. but not so lucky this time .. but .. hey .. it wasn't as important as the herbal stuff.

And, anyone interested in that who has questions to ask .. ask the tea manufachurers if your buying something that's already prepared .. or a herbalist or in a health food shop if it's not .. and check with a doctor.

I had a mixed drink of white tea and liquorice tea this morning .. bunged two tea bags in.

Interesting that the news had a story about green tea and prostrate cancer yesterday too. It all keeps the interest going .. just intertesting that cups of tea can be so useful. Wasn't so good with my eating .. had a bag of spice and strawberry jam cookies and the paw went into the bag a little too often and I felt rather queasy for a while .. and, for some reason or other, a bit more sniffley. I'd been very good when I got up this morning and very surprized .. but it seems to've sorted itself out again.

1 liquorice tea and 3 white teas. The first time I tried white tea I thought I was going to bring it up .. was rather like that with green tea too .. but I've been ok today with it. Infact quite like it I guess .. though not as much as the liquorice one .. think I'll drink them separately in future .. it seems a shame to wreck one of the few things that still tastes ok through my illness and meds.

Roobarb does too ... lol!!!

Someone asked how it was all going .. guess I do have something good to tell her.

I read the article about white tea in science daily quite a long time ago so I did know that there was a reaction to bacteria and viruses but I couldn't really remember what I'd read in much detail. Glaf that I went back to read it.
'
Anyway, I'm off to bed now. Pleased with the teas .. they've certainly made a difference to my colds over the last few weeks .. they're not as bad .. to put it mildly .. and after the flu and 6 day bug etc., etc., things just seemed to be getting worse and worse and there wasn't much of a let up and swiss clinics were on my mind quite a bit very seriously because I really didn't see the point of fighting through this anymore. Didn't take long to change my mind.

Just because it seems of a cup of tea or two, and some garlic and ginger.

That's it as far as that topic goes .. I guess. Ofcourse I'm hoping the teas'll help give my poor immune system a chance to deal with the flu and any complications when I get it .. the meds have taken it's fighting spirit away and I am one of the people who have a condition that could make the illness more difficult to treat whether it mutates or not.

I'll be talking to my consultant next week about it and what to say to the docs when I go into hospital. Should they reduce the meds for a little while when I have the flu .. would it really make much difference .. dunno how long it takes for the immune system to get back to normal strength. Maybe there's no point in reducing the immune supressants.

Well, will continue with me teas .. might give the liquorice one a break every so often though and change it for one with a bit of tumeric in it instead Unless I start to feel sicker .. then straight back on the liquorice ones I think for a while .. well, I'm used to them and have some confidence in them. Probably if I started feeling really ill, coldwise, I'd bung a liquorice one, a white tea one and one containing some tumeric in a mug .. or just bung a bit of tumeric in.

Think you can get a little spoon with two sides and holes in it that you can use as a kind of tea bag .. so might invest in one for making my own teas. Seems like a good hobby!!!!