Thursday, November 19, 2009

Thursday

One thing that's nice about the net is getting to know people in lots of different countries, It's nice being able to speak English too cause you often meet people who can speak English even though you can't speak their language.

Going back to that site .. it seems to cover everything .. personally I don't believe in physical manifestations .. i.e .. Sylvia Browne's ectoplasm etc .. think that kind of thing was just brought in for effect and a good stage show. If it was true how came she and others who have experienced it .. and it was experienced in front of a lot of people .. haven't left anything for science.

It's this kind of thing that really annoys me. I mean I know it couldn't be otherwise cause that's just the way things are. It gets in the way of people who are serious. Luckily I don't feel the way I used to when I first thought that DB had been seriously ill and then come out with all that rubbish. I just couldn't understand how someone who'd been in that position could do that .. but then it turned out that he hadn't. Well, nothing like he said he had.

The thing is that science knows that some of it can happen. The other truth is that there is no explanation of how come there is anything at all. I mean .. it is so puzzling. OK .. there's the universe and other universes .. tries hard not to make any scientific jokes here .. waves to friends ... lol!!! But .. just how come there is anything, anywhere for them to emerge from and into. Why and how is there anything at all.

Why is quantum mechanics so mysterious. Things are far, far different from how those scientists at the end of the 19thC who thought they'd discovered everything there was to know scientifically saw things.

I don't understand why people push things that obviously aren't true!!! It's no comfort .. in fact I've found it does the opposite .. and I believe in life after death. So, heaven knows what it does to people who are undecided.

It's also an example of how people can say anything .. which is why I'd eventually like a lie detector test .. or two. Think other people should be happy to take them too .. brain imaging .. experts in the field .. there are enough ways that all together would give an accurate picture.

Also I think that experts involved in this line of research should give guidelines on how they'd like evidence presented. It should be more scientifically approached from the start and people should know it.

I Wonder what DB et al think now they're getting older too. Don't suppose they have any belief in a soul at all which can't be very comforting .. and they must be surrounded .. to some extent .. by people like them .. from what I've read this appears to be true. Kinda put themselves in that position though, haven't they.

I've been very ill ... still am .. it'd be easy to make up a story .. especially as I've sometimes been in a lot of pain .. about angels etc and write a book .. but what help would that be to me. And, obviously, in my state of health and at my age, I don't want to be closing my mind to the possibility that we do have a soul .. which lying in that way would kinda do.

It's much nicer to have an open mind and comfort at this time of your life. Which only the truth could bring.

Still, lots of people are telling the truth. I think that was obvious in Emma's book. No stagey higgeldy jiggery there on the whole. No need for there to be. You just have to start with an open mind and then use common sense to decide whether people could be telling the truth or not,

I still love the butterfly story.