Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The knock back effect and ISPs

The ISP have been talking for some time about how much it's going to cost to police the net .. and they don't want to have to do it. The estimates have gone down actually but it's still going to force people off the net which is going to become a viscious circle I guess. They put the prices up ... some people can't afford to pay the new prices so they drop out and that means there are fewer paying customers which will undermine the effect of the price rises .. so they probably go up again. And in a recession this'll be more than the amount of customers you'd normally expect. Infact it's a bit like some of the dynamics of a recession.

I changed what I'd written before because it made it look as if it was just a one off problem rather than something that could grow because of the knock back effect.

I've a temperature too .. so I might be a bit whoozy how I express myself at the moment. Treatment helps a bit but not totally it seems. Just been the last couple of months or so.